Basmati rice or ordinary raw rice -2 cups
Onion - 1
Green chili - 4
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Tomato - 1
Mint leaves - handful
Mixed Vegetables - (beans-6-7 , potato -1, carrot )
Peas - 1/3 cup
Oil -2 tsp + ghee - 1 tsp
Water -3 Cups for 2 Cups of Rice
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt as required.
For the seasoning :
Cinnamon -1 inch piece
Bay leaf -1
Preparation Method :
1. Soak rice for 20 minutes. Drain the water well and keep it aside.
Cut the vegetables lengthwise.
2. Take a pressure cooker or a pan, heat ghee+ oil, add the ingredients mentioned under seasoning (whole spices). After it splutters, add onions and saute till they turn transparent.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a few more minutes.
4. Add green chilli, mixed vegetables, peas, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, mint leaves, drained rice and saute for a few minutes.
5. Then add 2 cups of hot water, lemon juice and close the Lid. Keep it in medium flame.
6. After it is half cooked, stir the contents and close the Lid with weight. Simmer for 4-5 minutes and switch it off.
7. Hot Vegetable pulao is ready to be served with side dish of your choice. Garnish with coriander leaves.