Bitter gourd - 1/4kg
(cut into pieces like wheels)
Red chilly powder - 4-5 Tsp or 50g.
Mustard powder - 2 Tsp
fenugreek powder - 1/2 Tsp
(Dryroast fenugreek seeds then make a powder )
salt - 4 tsp or To Taste
lemon juice/Vinegar - 1 1/2 Tsp
ginger garlic paste - 2 Tsp
For Popu / Tadka :
garlic pods - 10
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
red chily - 6
curry leaves - 6 springs
groundnut oil - 300 ml
Preparation Method :
1. Take a Pan add Oil, after oil heat Bittergourd Pieces fry both sides until crispy.
2. Take into a plate. and keep aside.
3. Take pan with oil(before we used) after oil heat add garlic pods,mustard seeds then add ginger garlic paste, fry for a minute then add red chilies, curry leaves, salt and turmeric. Then switch off the stove and let it be cool down.
4.Take a bowl with fried Bitter gourd pieces add Chily Powder, Mustard Powder and Fenugreek Powder. Mix it well then add this popu into mixture.
5. Now add lemon juice to this mixture.(use vinegar also). Mix well.
6. It will be preserved in 3 months in air - tight container.
* Easy & Tasty Bitter gourd Pickle is Ready.